Garden Route- S.A’s Garden of Eden
The Garden Route is one of the world’s great Tourist routes, offering an amazing range of sites and activities. Showcasing our incredible diversity and natural beauty- a world in one country. On this route, you have the opportunity to visit an ancient limestone cave, the southernmost tip of the African continent, traversing the most beautiful mountain passes and lakes.
Meander through charming villages and towns, pass by fruit and wine farms, visit world class game reserves, and even take a journey on a steam train. For the physically active, there is bungy-jumping, white river rafting, shark cage diving, snorkelling, deep-sea diving, sky-diving and quad-biking, Game and Safari drives to view the “Big 5”, and whale watching, if in season.
You have a choice of three, four or five day tours, you may start and finish in Cape Town or start in Cape Town and end in Port Elizabeth, from where you are able to connect with other centres in South Africa, such as Durban or Johannesburg. You may even want to start in Port Elizabeth and end in Cape Town, possibilities are endless.
Menu of things to see
- Hermanus: Best land-based whale watching spot in the world
- Cape Agulhas: The Southernmost tip of the African continent
- Garden Route Game Lodge: Game drives, cabin accommodation in the wild
- Mossel Bay: Diaz Museum, the history of early South African people and European explorers
- George: Fancourt Golf Estate- one of the premier golf courses in the world, and the steam train to Knysna
- Wilderness National Park: South Africa’s own Lake District
- Knysna: Lagoon cruises, Seafood Restaurants, The Oyster Festival and arts and crafts
- Plettenberg Bay: Elephant Park, Monkey World, Wolf Sanctuary, Ocean Safaris to view dolphins and whales
- Tsitsikamma National Park: Walks, hikes, suspension bridge, river cruise
- Blouwkraans Bungy Jump: the highest commercial jump in the world at 216 meters
- Oudtshoorn: The Ostrich capital, many ostrich farms, The Cango Wildlife Ranch and the Cango Caves
- Route 62: Fruit and wine region in a semi-desert region
These are just a few of the main attractions to be found in this route, but there are many more to suit everyone’s taste.
Our rates are tailored to the number of people on the tour, which makes it very cost effective.
Accommodation is in Superior two or three star guest houses or hotels, and on occasion specials on four star accommodation gets provided at no extra cost
All entry fees are included in the final rate, unless otherwise agreed
Meals and Refreshments
All breakfasts are included, one dinner on the Game Reserve package is included. Excluded is lunches, dinners and refreshments
Bookings and itinerary
We will consult with you in person at your hotel. Once you have decided on the length and activities you wish to do, a rate will be quoted at no extra charge. Upon acceptance of the quotation and itinerary, a 50% deposit will be payable to us and the balance to be settled on the departure date.
4 Day / 3 nights - From POA